The Indian Rubber Board was constituted under the Rubber (Production and Marketing) Act, 1947. This Act was passed on the recommendation of an adhoc committee appointed by Government of India in 1945 and it came into force on 18 April 1947. The Rubber Production and Marketing (Amendment) Act of 1954 made certain changes in the constitution of the Board and amended its name as 'The Rubber Board.' This act came into force on 1 August, 1955. The Rubber Board functions under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry of the Government of India. The Chairman appointed by the Central Government is the principal executive officer of the Board proper functioning of the Board and implementation of its decisions and discharge of its duties under the Rubber Act. The Board has a Chairman and 27 other members representing various categories and interests from the industry, trade, growers, workers, consumers, 10 representatives of Kerala and Tamil Nadu, the two principal producing states, 3 MPs and Central Government nominees. The Rubber Board has the responsibility of helping the orderly growth of rubber farming and industry through activities aimed at development, research, extension & training, marketing and welfare of labour. The Board has five Zonal Offices, 43 Regional Offices, a Central Rubber Research Institute in Kottayam, and 10 regional research stations located in various rubber growing states of the country. It also runs a Rubber Training Institute at Kottayam. Address: The Rubber Board, P.B. No. 1122, Keezhkunnu, Sub Jail Road, Kottayam-686 002, Kerala, India, Ph: 0481-2301231, Fax: 0481-2571380, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.rubberboard.org.in
Ownership Information: Website belongs to Department Of Commerce.
Copyright 2014, all rights reserved with Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India
13 Jan 2017)