Functions of the Division
- Receipt of postal dak addressed to the Department and Officers, excluding registered letters addressed to Officers by name.
- Receipt of all other communications in the name of the Department except (those addressed to Officers by name of where Sections/Branches have been specified.
- Distribution of (a) & (b) above to various Sections and Officers.
- Issue of Department’s Communications by post and hand letters.
- Preparetion & Receipts of Diplomatic Bags for issue to the External Affairs Ministry.
- Cyclostyling including cyclostyling of classified papers.
- Passing of bills for speed post issued against Deposit Credit Account.
- Record Cell
- Custody & maintenance of all closed files of the Department of Commerce.
- Implementation of national Archival Policy Resolution, 1972 and related correspondence/meetings/departmental retention schedule/record management including compilation of submission of reports to NAI and Department of Administrative Reforms.
Officers in the Division
- Shri R. K. Ojha : Deputy Secretary