Functions of the Division
List of Subjects
- Coordination with the Department of Women and Child Development, National Commission for Women and other concerned agencies in respect of the matters connected with welfare and economic empowerment of women and other related issues.
- To review plan schemes and other programmes of the Department of Commerce and to ensure that the aspect of women’s welfare, development and empowerment are promoted through the programmes/schemes.
- All matters relating to Gender Budgeting and inclusion of Gender issues in the Annual Report/Performance Budget.
- Prevention and redressal of sexual harassment at work place. Constitution of Complaints Committee in Department of Commerce, its attached/subordinate offices, PSUs, autonomous bodies etc. monitoring their performance and providing necessary help and guidance.
- Observing Awareness Week for Prevention of Sexual harassment of women alongwith Vigilance Awareness Week.
- Other incidental matters relating to the subject.