Functions of the Division
All aspects of the work relating to Spices Board including the following:
- Legislation/ amendment of
- Reconstitution of Spices Board established under Spices Board Act, 1986.
- Fixation of minimum and maximum price of Cardamom.
- Matters relating to export/import of Spices.
- Foreign collaboration agreements between India and Foreign countries relating to spices.
- Monitoring of Spices Parks.
- Implementation of Research and Development schemes for Cardamom and Promotion of Export of Spices.
- Deputation of delegations abroad for participating in trade fairs/Conference/ Seminars training etc. related to Spices.
- Implementation of Integrated Scheme for Export Promotion & Quality Improvement in Spices and Research & Development of Cardamom.
- Budget matters/RE/BE/ Outcome budget in respect of Spices/Spices Board.
- Establishment matters relating to Spices Board including court cases, appointments, creation of posts, etc.
- Answering of Parliament Questions/Special References/Cut Motions/ Assurances etc. relating to Spices.
- Disposal of VIP references relating to Spices.
- Laying of Annual reports/Notifications relating to Spices Board/Act rules/ Regulations on the Table on both the House of Parliament.
- Preparation of Action Taken Report on audit observations/paras relating to spices/Spices Board
- Matter relating to tax revision (pre-budget, post-budget proposals)/GST.
- Work relating to establishment of Spices Development Agencies/ Saffron Production & Export Development Agencies.
- Release of Funds to Spices Board.
- Disposal of Grievances/RTI references relating to Spices Board/spices.
- Matters relating to quality control including notification for issue of Health Certificates by Spices Board for export of spices.
- Examination and Disposal of all complaints/ representations received from public/ Exporters/ Importers/ growers of spices.
(i) Spices Board Act, 1986
(ii) Rules and Regulations framed under the Act.