- An Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) has been formed to monitor the implementation of AEP.
- The mandate of the existing CoS on ‘Review of Prices of Essential Commodities’ has been expanded to identify the agricultural commodities essential for food security, only which will be subject to export restrictions if the need arises.
- Workshops have been organised in Delhi on 08.01.2019, Pune on 02.02.2019 and Guwahati on 13.02.2019 on the awareness of Agri Export Policy. A Consultative Meet of Stakeholders was organised at NABARD HO, Mumbai on 09.08.2019.
- The Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has prepared State-specific Action Plans and shared them with the respective States for vetting and finalization. APEDA had series of meetings with the States followed by several follow-ups and correspondences for the finalization of draft action plan.
Maharashtra, U.P., Kerala, Nagaland, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Punjab and Karnataka have vetted the State specific Draft Action Plan
- 25 States and 2 UTs have designated nodal agencies to promote agricultural exports. 16 States have constituted State Level Monitoring Committees.
- APEDA and National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) have signed an MoU for greater involvement of cooperatives in agricultural exports.
- BSMs for State authorities, Cooperatives, exporters are being held along with NCDC in all the States & UTs in a phase wise manner during October to December, 2019.
- A Farmer Connect Portal has been set up by APEDA on its website for providing a platform for FPOs, Cooperatives to interact with exporters.
- Under the AEP, a number of clusters have been identified for export-oriented production of specific products. APEDA is organising Buyer-Seller Meets (BSMs) for exporters and Farmer-Producer Organisations (FPOs) at cluster level in every State.
- A Market Intelligence Cell was constituted in APEDA and the activity of dissemination of E-market intelligence reports comprising detailed market analysis has been started.
- A new Central Sector Scheme – ‘Implementation of Agriculture Export Policy’ – has been approved with an outlay of Rs. 206.80 crores for 2019-20.
- Top 10 products, 10 countries and 20 export potential Products, 20 potential countries have been identified for increasing exports.
- A Workshop on the Role of State Nodal agencies in Agriculture exports was organised at APEDA HQ on 03.09.2019 where 22 States had actively participated and shared their valuable inputs. Senior officials from Line Ministries, Central agencies attended the program and apprised about the role of their organisations for the benefit of agri exports.
- BSM cum Workshop (between Exporter & FPOs) in the relevant Cluster of each State with the respective State Nodal agencies and have been held.
- Cluster level committees have been formed in the clusters of Potato in Punjab, Isabgol in Rajasthan, Orange and Grapes in Maharashtra and Banana in Tamil Nadu.
The mandate of EP (Agri) Division is to contribute towards formulating of Export Policy of Agricultural Products and also facilitating and promoting exports of agriculture & allied products (other than plantation crops – tea, coffee & spices and marine products). The Division also handles SPS (Sanitary & Phytosanitary) & TBT (Technical Barriers to Trade) issues and also Biotechnology matters. The Division exercises administrative control over following organizations:
- Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)
- Tobacco Board
In addition to the above, the Division also has two Export Promotion Councils, i.e. Indian Oilseeds & Produce Export Promotion Council (IOPEPC) and The Cashew Export Promotion Council of India (CEPCI), under its purview.
- Shri Diwakar Nath Misra : Joint Secretary
- Ms. Neetika Bansal : Director
- Ms. Nidhi Sharma : Section Officer, EP (Agri.I , III & VI) Desks
- Shri Padmanav Behera : Under Secretary, EP (Agri. II) Desk
- Shri Sandeep Verma : Under Secretary, EP (Agri. IV) Desk
Export Statistics in respect of products handled by EP (Agri) Division, for the past five years, are as under:
|2.||RICE(OTHER THAN BASMATI)||2368.64||2525.19||3636.60||3038.16||2024.66|
|9.||CASHEW NUT SHELL LIQUID||8.83||6.56||5.06||3.87||3.25|
|13.||OTHER OIL SEEDS||147.77||126.00||174.79||131.57||61.79|
|20.||FRUITS / VEGETABLE SEEDS||80.89||78.16||104.04||124.92||109.22|
|24.||PROCESSED FRUITS AND JUICES||574.48||584.79||646.92||639.65||646.78|
|28.||MISC PROCESSED ITEMS||444.28||455.59||550.55||659.18||659.93|
Following Policy initiatives have been taken during recent years to promote exports of agricultural products:
Department of Commerce has brought out a comprehensive “Agriculture Export Policy” aimed at doubling the agricultural exports and integrating Indian farmers and agricultural products with the global value chains. The Agriculture Export Policy has the following vision.
“Harness export potential of Indian agriculture, through suitable policy instruments, to make India global power in agriculture and raise farmers’ income.”
- To diversify our export basket, destinations and boost high value and value added agricultural exports including focus on perishables.
- To promote novel, indigenous, organic, ethnic, traditional and nontraditional Agri products exports.
- To provide an institutional mechanism for pursuing market access, tackling barriers and deal with sanitary and phytosanitary issues.
- To strive to double India’s share in world agri exports by integrating with global value chain at the earliest.
- Enable farmers to get benefit of export opportunities in overseas market.
- Tel : 23062704
- Email : diwakar[dot]misra[at]nic[dot]in
- Tel : 23062618
- Email : neetika[dot]bansal[at]nic[dot]in
- EP (Agri.I , III & VI) Desk
- Tel : 23062261 (654)
- Email : moc_epagri3[at]nic[dot]in
- EP (Agri.II) Desk
- Tel : 23062261 (495)
- moc_epagri2[at]nic[dot]in Email :
- EP (Agri.IV) Desk
- 23062261 (492)
- Email : moc_epagri1[at]nic[dot]in
|EP (Agri.I & VI) Desk||Ms. Nidhi Sharma. Section Officer||Ms. Neetika Bansal, Director||Sh. Diwakar Nath Misra, Joint Secretary|
|EP (Agri.II) Desk||Sh. P. Behera, Under Secretary||Ms. Neetika Bansal, Director||Sh. Diwakar Nath Misra, Joint Secretary|
|EP (Agri.III) Desk||Ms. Nidhi Sharma. Section Officer||Ms. Neetika Bansal, Director||Sh. Diwakar Nath Misra, Joint Secretary|
|EP (Agri.IV) Desk||Sh. Sandeep Verma, Under Secretary||Ms. Neetika Bansal, Director||Sh. Diwakar Nath Misra, Joint Secretary|