Functions of the Division
- Vigilance cases against Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ officers of the Department of Commerce and attached/subordinate offices.
- Vigilance cases against Board level appointees in various Public Sector Undertakings etc.
- Examination of complaints received from various agencies including CBI/CVC in regard to Board-level officers, ACC appointees and officers of the Public Sector Undertakings and Autonomous Bodies/Commodity Boards in the Department of Commerce.
- Issue of general orders and instructions regarding Vigilance cases and coordination of information.
- Economic offences involving vigilance angle.
- Courses in Vigilance work and Chief Vigilance Officers courses organised by various agencies i.e. CBI/ISTM etc.
- Appointment of Chief Vigilance Officers in the Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Bodies/Subordinate Bodies/Commodity Boards under the administrative control of Ministry of Commerce.
- Action Plan on Anti-Corruption Measures – Compilation of Composite Quarterly Return on various items in the prescribed proforma received from all Attached/Subordinate Offices/Public Sector Undertakings/Commodity Boards/ Autonomous Bodies under the Department of Commerce and thereafter being sent to the Department of Personnel and Training.
- Monthly Statistical Return about receipt and disposal of complaints involving vigilance angle and handling of vigilance cases in respect of the Department of Commerce and its Attached/Subordinate Offices, being sent to the Central Vigilance Commission.