Export Promotion continues to be a major thrust area for the Government. In view of the prevailing macro economic situation with emphasis on exports and to facilitate various measures being undertaken to stimulate and diversify the country’s export trade, Marketing Development Assistance (MDA) Scheme is under operation through the Department of Commerce to support the under mentioned activities:
- Assist exporters for export promotion activities abroad
- Assist Export Promotion Councils(EPCs) to undertake export promotion activities for their product(s) and commodities ;
- Assist approved organization/trade bodies in undertaking exclusive nonrecurring innovative activities connected with export promotion efforts for their members ;
- Assist Focus export promotion programmes in specific regions abroad like FOCUS (LAC), Focus (Africa), Focus (CIS) and Focus (ASEAN +2) programmes ; and
- Residual essential activities connected with marketing promotion efforts abroad.
Exporting companies with an f.o.b. value of exports upto Rs. 15.00 crore in the preceding year will be eligible for MDA assistance for participation in EPC etc. led Trade Delegations/ BSMs/Trade Fairs/ Exhibitions.
Under Reverse trade visits for prominent delegates and Buyers (one person from each organization) for participation in buyer cum Seller meets, exhibitions etc. in India from the Focus Area Regions, exhibitions etc. in India, the foreign delegates/ buyer/journalists would be assisted in meeting their return air travel expenses in economy excursion class upto the entry point in India. This would, however, be subject to financing only the well planned participations wherein the potential of the incoming delegate(s)/buyer(s)/journalist(s) have been screened by the concerned EPC and territorial division.
For further details regarding obtaining Market Development Assistance for the non-focus areas and the Focus areas, the relevant guidelines may be accessed on the Department of Commerce’s website ( www.commerce.nic.in )