Role of EPCs/Apex Chambers/Missions
The success of “Focus: CIS Programme” requires the proactive role and involvement of Export Promotion Councils, Apex Chambers and Indian Missions located in the CIS Region. Their activities would comprise the following:
Export Promotion Councils (EPCs)
- Shall carry out market surveys for items with export potential in the CIS region and disseminate information to their members through publications.
- Shall encourage members to participate in specialised International Fairs/Exhibitions.
- Shall bring out promotional literature in local languages.
- Shall hold commodity specific seminars in selected industrial centres.
- Shall prepare compendium of main importers/associations in the CIS region and disseminate the same to their members.
- Shall establish and strengthen ties with their counterparts in the region and ensure that there are more frequent exchange of delegations.
- Shall hold regular interactive discussions with their counterparts through JBC’s/ MoU’s and explore investment opportunities for setting up of Joint Ventures, EoU’s etc.
- Shall widely disseminate information amongst Indian businessmen through their publications, bulletins and other periodicals regarding potential Indian exports to CIS countries.
- Shall organize seminars and workshops at regular intervals to create awareness regarding the untapped potential that exists in the region for exporting goods. These seminars/workshops shall be held in various industrial centres.
- Shall organize catalogue/brochure exhibitions
- Shall provide regular feedback on implementation of the programme.
- Shall play a proactive role in coordinating promotional measures like organization of Buyer-Seller- Meets, visit of delegations and participation in trade fairs.
- Shall carry out market surveys for the specified products in collaboration with the ITPO and concerned EPCs.
- Shall send processed/usable information in bulletins to the EPCs on focus products/ technology/service sectors.
Apex Chambers of Commerce/Industry
Role of Indian Missions in the CIS region