Trade Promotion Measures
Interaction with important trading partners will be enhanced to act as a catalyst for the private sector to explore and tap full potential of the CIS region. The Government shall have increased frequency of interaction at the highest level with important trading partners. Bilateral trade and economic cooperation between India and these countries is regularly reviewed through the bilateral Joint Commissions/Working Groups and Joint Business Councils.
Institutional arrangements in the form of Joint Commission / Working Group already exist with Russian Federation, Ukraine, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan. These institutional mechanisms have been activated. Bilateral Agreement for establishing an Inter-Governmental Commission with Azerbaijan was signed. Steps will also be taken for formation of Joint Commission with other countries of the CIS region, where the same have not yet been instituted.
FICCI plans to have increased interaction with its counterparts and hold meetings of the Joint Business Councils (JBCs) at regular intervals. Similarly CII/PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry/FIEO also propose to have regular interaction with their counterparts in CIS region with whom they have signed MoUs. Simultaneously, seminars and conferences are proposed to be organized within the country for creating awareness on emerging markets in the CIS region.
Trade/Economic Missions result in creating necessary awareness in the region regarding India’s economic reforms, strength of Indian Industry and its export capabilities. These also provide impetus for businessmen to explore new markets. High-level trade missions shall be mounted to the CIS region.
The India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) shall undertake various trade promotion measures, which would include :
- Participation in specialized and commodity specific fairs & exhibitions in the countries of the CIS region.
- Special promotion and publicity in the CIS countries.
- India Promotion in departmental Stores in respect of consumer products.
- Organising Buyer-Seller Meets
- Promotion by Indian Mission by organizing catalogue/brochure exhibitions.
- To award top export performers to the CIS countries.
- Jointly promoted by India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) and National Informatics Centre (NIC), NCTI is involved in assimilation and dissemination of useful trade information.
- NCTI provides contact details of product wise specific buyers through the World Trade Point Federation Network (www. ncti-india.com) initiated under the Trade Efficiency programme of UNCTAD. Currently there are more than 100 Trade Points across the globe two of which are located in Russia and one in Uzbekistan.
- NCTI also has access to the requisite data base and expertise to provide trade data analysis helpful in country & product specific strategy formulation.
- NCTI has signed an MoU with National Centre for Marketing & Price Study, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bel